Philadelphia Lawyer To Fight Fake ID Charges
Philadelphia is home to numerous of prestigious post-secondary schools, including University of Pennsylvania, Villanova University, Temple University, Drexel University and Jefferson University just to name a few. Many of these universities and colleges experience issues with underage drinking among their student bodies. With a bustling city and local bars surrounding each of their campuses, students under the age of 21 become overwhelmingly allured to partake in the nightlife here in the city. Fake IDs are something that many college students are familiar with as a way to circumvent the age limit on drinking. If underage individuals do not possess a fake ID themselves, they more than likely know someone who can supply them with one or know how to go about getting one.
Every bartender, server, and bouncer in and around Philadelphia is constantly on the lookout for Underage Drinkers attempting to drink through the use of Fake IDs. If, and when, these underage drinkers get caught, they are in for a cruel realization. Underage Drinking charges can result in fines, loss of driving privileges, and a potential black mark against you. The consequences ensuing from a conviction for using a false identification can follow you far down the road, when colleges and employers look at your background.
Fake ID related charges are not to be taken lightly. In some instances, the police may even charge you with Felony Forgery. If you or your child were charged with using a fake ID, call The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. for help.
Fake ID Facts
Penalties for Using a Fake ID:
- If you’re a minor, the police will notify your parents
- Possession of a false driver’s license carries a six (6) month license suspension
- Underage drinking carries a 90-day license suspension
- A charge and arrest will reflect negatively in background checks, potentially making it difficult to secure and maintain employment
- Potential Felony Forgery charges, carrying maximum penalties of seven (7) years in jail.
In Pennsylvania, It Is Illegal:
- To carry a fake ID
- To use a fake ID to (attempt to) buy alcohol
- To illicit assistance in securing alcohol by lying about your age
A Fake ID Is:
- An ID that has false information about your birth date, age, name, or other identifying information.
- Another person’s ID who you try to utilize as your own
- If you have an identification which attempts to pass off as a valid U.S. State or Federal ID, but was never issued by any government agency, you can be charged with Felony Forgery.
Consequences of Being Convicted of Fake ID
In addition to the consequences above, if you are convicted of having a Fake ID, you can be denied employment in any profession where truthfulness is required, such as police officer, nurse, doctor. Having a fake ID conviction will also be reported as “False Identification to Law Enforcement.” While it may not seem like a very serious crime, the consequences are far ranging and can hurt you for a very long time to come.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Do not let you or your child’s long-term potential be limited by a lapse in judgment or mistake. You need to retain counsel who will diligently defend you or your child’s rights in court in order to preserve their good name. Additionally, the loss of license can prove quite burdensome for a young person who requires transportation to school or work.
Do not gamble with the future. Call the Criminal Defense AttorneysCard Custom Pi5321a Id Investigator Private template at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers.
This content was written on behalf of Greg Prosmushkin.